Thursday 11 September 2008

Time Out & Paper Tests

I've just come back from two days away at 'The Barn' near Hitchin. We took our new gap year team away for a day and night, followed by the rest of the wider n:flame team joining us for our termly away day. Its always nice to hang out and spend time with people I don't always get to have quality time with. It was also a good time to bond with the new gap year team.

During a session yesterday morning on 'working in a team' we all took a Myers-Briggs test. I had not done this for a good few years and I found it quite hard as some of the either/or answers I couldn't decide on. But I was pleased that the ESFJ description sounded about right for me.

Then this afternoon we had a session on gifts of the spirit. Time for another round of questions and adding up the answers. I really enjoyed this. We had to rate ourselves from 1-5 on 52 questions. I have since googled this and there are many similar 'tests' out there. The highest you could score was 20 per category. My highest four from this test were Administration - 20 points, Pastoral - 19 points, Practical Help - 18 points and Leadership - 16 points. Scoring high on administration does bode well for my job!! 28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. 1 Cor 12v28.

All-in-all it was a good couple of days away. I felt really blessed by the time. Now onto to my next time away with some uni friends this weekend.

No comments: