Monday 1 September 2008

Book Review

This evening the new book group met again. Most of us had read The Shack over the past month. It was received positively among us all.

I really enjoyed it. I don't often retain information for long periods of time, however some of the stuff from this book totally changed how I viewed God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and I don't think I will forget it in a hurry. I also gained a new appreciation for how the three work together. As I read it I decided to mark parts that really stood out to me, I ended up marking a lot of the pages! The way each of the characters interacted with Mack the main character was awesome. I found myself writing notes on certain pages thinking about how I interact with God following things I was reading.

Obviously this book is fiction, and I do not know how theologically sound it is. But I found myself envying Mack for being able to spend such a decent amount of time with each of the three 'God persons'. I would definitely recommend it to Christians, but also to non Christians as it helps to paint a lovely picture of God. A picture that is different to how most people would imagine.

No comments: