Sunday 21 September 2008

My Sunday

What a day I had today. A group called Face2face came to Church this morning to share testimonies. I have seen them before. They tour the UK and Russia spreading the gospel through their music, which is mainly covers, but stuff that gets you thinking about God. Certain lyrics from secular songs stand out like never before. The one that spoke to me was a few lines from a Phantom Of The Opera track, "anywhere you go, let me go too,that's all I ask of you".

For lunch I went to visit my cousin and his girlfriend at their flat in Hackney. I knew they would pick a very trendy area to live in, but a whole new side to Hackney was opened up to me. They live very close to Victoria Park, and the area there is slowly emerging into a 'village'. We walked around the park and along the canal for a few hours, rounding off the afternoon with ice creams! We had to make the most of the nice weather!

I then returned to Enfield for our youth service, Passion Fruit. As the next generation of our youth have gone to uni, it is nice to see the younger ones taking more of a responsibility in the service.

No comments: