Friday 4 July 2008

Being Brave

I was asked to lead a workshop for young people by two youthworkers. I had never done anything like that before and wasn't quite sure where to start! I have been intercessory dancing during the n:flame celebration worship for ten years now, but to teach on how it's done is another matter! I put together a 'fancy' PowerPoint presentation to give a bit of background on why such dancing is done. To be honest I was educating myself! I found good websites such as these to help me out. Not forgetting the Wikipedia definition.

I carefully picked out songs to practise to and was proud of the mixture of scripture references, website quotes and general explanations. The group were a lot younger than I had bargained for and none of them were really used to charismatic worship styles! It was quite tough at first as none of them understood and the presentation went over their heads. Four boys turned up, and they weren't really joining in, so it did make me think what they expected to do in a creative worship dance workshop! The girls got a lot of out of, even if what they worked on did turn out to be routines. At least I stretched myself by running the workshop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know your blogging is like waiting for a bus. Nothing for ages then 3 come along at once !!!
:-)

Suse said...

Go you for being brave. I'm sure u were fab.