Saturday 28 June 2008

Film Review

I was quite excited about the release of this film. I enjoyed the first big screen remake a few years ago and knew this also wouldn't be disappointing. They had delayed the release date from Christmas to work on the effects. As a huge fan of the 1980's BBC Narnia productions I am always biased to how those compare. Prince Caspian was possibly slightly too old in this film, but the appeal of him is obvious for a female audience. I went with a 'Narnia book buff' who muttered throughout that things were not the same, but then that is the rights of a screenplay is it not? It was good family viewing and would not disappoint any age. The 'romance' between Caspian and Susan was added for 'Hollywood' effect, but otherwise it was well produced and not too OTT. As a slight 'Narnia on small screen geek' it did make me chuckle that Warwick Davies was used in both the 1988 and 2008 productions as different characters. His 1988 character was replaced by a CGI character voiced by Eddie Izzard. Go and see it, you should hopefully not be disappointed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought the first one appeared to be a film of 2 halfs. Good first half but rushed to finish second half. I believe it was in danger of running out of cash for production at the time. Hopefully after the success of the first this one will be better paced.