Monday 27 October 2014

All About My Kitchen Revamp

I had painted my teeny-tiny kitchen units about 5 years ago.  I went for a black, white and chrome look.  However, once I had painted other rooms in the flat I had a nagging feeling of wanting co-ordinate the kitchen too!!  Last time I had used cupboard paint, but I couldn't find a colour in shops that I liked enough.  So I went back to Sally Bourne Interiors for some advice.  They suggested I used eggshell paint.  I was a little unsure, but I trusted their advice.  I was also able to choose from a wider range of colours.

I took each door off the units and painted them flat to avoid drips.  I sanded down each door, used a primer, then added one coat of the eggshell.  Each door needed well over 24 hours to dry.


I painted the tiles to match and added white transfers, purchased a personalised wall transfer and changed a few small accessories.  The small space now feels bigger with a much lighter colour.


No comments: