Sunday 26 October 2014

All About My Bedroom Revamp

I have grown to love the shabby chic look over the years and wanted to bring this style into my bedroom,  I chose two lovely Annie Sloan colours and set to transform my room!  Again, there wasn't too much wrong with it before, but with paint and a few new accessories, a change could be done quite easily.  Again, I sold the old items to fund the new ones.  The room now feels cosier and a lot brighter.  

I added paint and handles to the drawer unit and wardrobe.  I also added material wrapped around cut to size hardboard to the door panels.  
During the process
Drawers & Wardrobe before and after
New chair and new colour on chimney breast.  Material on seat pad matches wardrobe.
With my Dads help I made some frames from an idea I saw on Pinterest.  We used pine dado from B&Q to make the frames, a lot cheaper than buying big frames! 

The added bonus of redecorating furniture is having a massive tidy up and sort out.  I have got rid of so much stuff that I'd held on to for no apparent reason!  

I repainted my pine framed mirror in the matching colour and distressed it in certain areas.


I matched my smaller shelves and wooden storage boxes with the paint colour scheme.  This is a good way to tie everything in the room together.  I changed the lampshades, bedding and drapes.  

The frame above my bed I add pictures and cards to each week.  I have added fairy lights to the top, which has made the room a lot cosier.  


No comments: