Tuesday 21 July 2009

Sad Times

The academic year with work came to an official end tonight. Despite the rain washing out our BBQ plans, we had a lovely fun evening. (if you are on facebook the photos can be viewed here.) It has been my first year overseeing the GAP Team and I have enjoyed it so very much! With four out of the team of nine going back to their home overseas and one moving abroad for a year, it is sad to be hit with the realisation that I will not be surrounded by this awesome bunch of people each week. They have been a great team and I have shared much fun and laughter with them all. Obviously there will be a new team in September, but the reality of part of my job has kicked in; I am spending a year with these groups of people, investing and helping them to grow in themselves and their faith, for them to move on! I know obviously that is what a GAP year is all about, but last years bunch are all still local and I still see them. It may be years before I see the international members of the 2008-9 team again. Sad times...

2 comments:

Suse said...

Sad Times indeed but also exciting times! They are off to do cool things...

I've found God brings these cools people into my life for a short period of time and moves them on (normally to another country). Sure is a painful experience!

Roy said...

awwwwww
and as for facebook viewing - humbug