Monday 30 March 2009

News

I cannot believe that I have not blogged on this yet! I felt called to run in the deacons election at my church. There were six of us running for five places. I really wasn't sure if I would get voted in, but by God's grace I am the current newest and youngest Enfield Baptist Church deacon!

People have been very complimentary and positive about my new role. However I am getting more lunch invites than ever before. This, although nice, does annoy me a little! I have been at the church for fourteen years and played an active role for the past seven years! Why just because I am now a deacon should I be flavour of the month!? That sounds very ungrateful and I don't mean to. My reasons for being a deacon are very much about practical serving, not making a name for myself.

I also feel like being a deacon is a very grown up thing to do. Its a bit scary to have this opportunity really! All I am doing is trusting God in placing me on this leadership team for the next three years.

2 comments:

Roy said...

wow - very grown up sort of job, hope the meals are grown up ones too - not like mcDonalds!!

Karen said...

Well done! I hope that it's lots of fun.