Sunday 15 February 2009

Grace

noun, verb, graced, grac⋅ing.
–noun
Theology.
a. the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.
b. the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.
c. a virtue or excellence of divine origin: the Christian graces.
d. Also called
state of grace. the condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect.

I am a bear of very little brain and I rarely apply things to create illustrations. However I was walking to the bakers yesterday to buy my friend 'S' a cake. It was going to be in the amazing form of a belgian bun. I personally love these and I know that another friend of mine 'D' does also. However I immediately thought "I'm not going to buy 'D' a bun as they would never buy one for me"!! I laughed to myself as it struck me/God spoke to me that this was how Grace works. God continually gives us good things, even though we always fall short and never give enough back to Him and/or appreciate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I detect your new year resolution is already beginning to slip. But as I am gracious I only sentence you to two weeks in Tanzania in May! Make sure you bring me back a few rubies and have a great time. :-)