Wednesday 4 February 2009

Film Review

This is all film reviewers can talk about and all prizes are awarded to right now. I was supposed to see it on Monday, but the snow prevented me from doing so! Once again I had read no background on this film, only going by what the title gave away.

This film was narrated through the life of Jamal. The three main characters were portrayed by three different actors at different stages of growing up in India. It really opened up my eyes to the bleaker and corrupt side to the country. The theme throughout the film is love, between brothers and lovers. Each question of the quiz takes us through the life of the characters and the reason why this boy from the slums knows the answers.

It was a quite sad film for most of the duration, with only a small amount of humour. I did expect the happy ending to be ruined, but gladly it wasn't!! It is well worth a trip to the cinema to see what all the fuss is about.

No comments: