Wednesday 17 December 2008

Germany - (full) Day 1

So Joel and I arrived safely in Germany last night. We are staying with Tabea in Ahlerstedt, North Germany. To save on costs we decided to take just hand luggage, and I some how coped with this!! The size of my case for 5 days is amazing!!

Tabea took us round Hamburg today. As it is my first trip to Germany everything was exciting for me. We saw lots of Christmas markets and wandered round lots of shops. The signs and langauge make for some amusement at times. I have taken quite a few photos, but sadly only brought my compact camera with me! (link to photos to follow, once I have uploaded them back in the UK!) We walked miles and miles around the city and it was so good to sit down in a bar at the end of the day and have a banana beer! We saw the harbour, the red light district, the football stadium, went up St Michael`s church tower, ate crepes and much much more.

It was supposed to snow today, but did not. We were quite sad about this! It has been so good to see Tabea again. I wish I had got to know her more when she lived in North London! She is being an awesome translator and tour guide.

Words we learnt today....
ausfarhrt = exit
weihnachts markt = christmas market

No comments: