Friday 19 December 2008

Germany - Day 3

Today was a relaxing day. Tabea had to work so Joel and I chilled out a lot. It was nice to sleep in for a while! Joel and I ventured to the local playground and supermarket. Many funny pictures taken in both!!

We then went to join Tabea and her older youth group. We sat in on the end of a young kids group where tabea was doing a game that involved passing matches around! There is not the same level of health and safety here in Germany!! The phrase translated was 'I see a light, i have a light, i pass it on'. Joel and I had small testimonies translated that we shared with the group. I spoke about the move to n:flame and the gap year.

We then hung out with the group socially. It was fun trying to communicate across the language barrier.
  • Words we taught Tabea and the youth...innuendo, thank-you-please, brap (!), mammories (!),'on me head son', 'you're havin a laugh'
  • Words we learnt...heisse Schnitte = hot slice, heisse liebe = hot love

No comments: