Friday 1 February 2008

A Cultured Day

So today I went into London with a friend to check out a couple of exhibitions. Since I no longer work in central London going in for a day has become a novelty again. I even took a little packed lunch!

We started by going to The Photographers Gallery. However the main gallery was changing exhibits over, so there was not much to see. The main exhibition that was up was, erm, interesting to say the least!! Not really my kind of thing. I politely walked round and then left quickly! The smaller exhibit was interesting, but sadly not featured on website!

We then went on to The Natural History Museum to a photography exhibition. The photos were amazing (obviously as they were highest contenders in competition!!) Some of the categories were 11-15 years and 10 and under! Their pictures put my work to shame! I hadn't been to TNHM since I was very young so I had to check out the dinosours. It was also a huge link to my favourite childhood film!


We then headed on to The Tate Modern to see the latest Turbine Hall offering. I had wanted to see the 'crack' for ages and it was quite something. I took one shot that I will seperately blog on. It is definately worth a visit.


I enjoyed walking round London and taking silly photos with Joel. It reminded me that I do not go into London for exhibitions nearly as much as I should. I can't take a work day off each time, so going to have to brave it on a Saturday.

1 comment:

Roy said...

beats sitting in a portakabin ;-)