Tuesday 2 March 2010

Moving Art

I spent the day in Scotland a few weeks ago for a freelance photography job. I had some time to use up before i flew back to London and spend a chunk of time in the Aberdeen Art Gallery. They have recently acquired a Tracey Emin piece for their collection. This is part of series, but the words in this heart really spoke to me. It said 'I felt you and I knew you loved me'. Straight away I felt God speaking to me on this. I know I am loved by him, taking the 'd' off this quote sums it all up for me. When looking for an image on good old google for this (as I couldn't take pictures in the gallery, boo) I found a few of her other pieces, they are obviously intended as mushy-couple-love, but I hear God speaking these words over me.

On this little gallery jaunt I also discovered some of the 2004 Hirst/Bailey Stations Of The Cross work. This collection is not for everyone - thats my warning- but I found some of the images interesting.

No comments: