Thursday 18 June 2009

Film Review

Another prequel to mess with my brain! I had already seen this film, but it was the day after I got back from Africa, and I snoozed through it! This was no reflection on the film, just my exhaustion!

I really enjoyed this film, I have never really been a big 'trekkie/trekker' (depending on where you stand on the deserved name!), but I was able to understand what was going on. The casting was brilliant, their choice on younger versions of each character was very well done. There were a few cameos that had me stumped and I had to go and look them up once I got home. Hurrah for imdb!

This film could be enjoyed even with no background knowledge of the original TV series at all, but I think it would help. Looking around the cinema screen during both visits there were some keen enthusiasts who were clearly very happy about this new film.

No comments: